The Terms & Conditions. (T&C) are the rules and regulations that specify guidelines for using our services. Use of our services is subject to these terms. Please read them carefully and ensure that you understand and agree to all parts.
If this English version of the Terms and Conditions does not conform to other language versions, the English version shall prevail. In case of dispute, Base Camp reserves the right of final decision on the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- The account will be charged on the day the order is processed, regardless of the account billing date. The account will not be charged again until the next month’s billing cycle. You agree that until and unless you notify Base Camp of your desire to cancel any or all service(s) received, those service(s) will be billed on a recurring basis
- Service will be activated immediately once the payment has been received. For more information, please contact our billing or customer service department.
1.2 Payment and Billing
- We offer prepaid plans for all services.
- Customer will pay Base Camp the fees for the services as set forth in the Order Form.
- Base Camp may increase the Service Fees (i) in the manner permitted in the service description and (ii) at any time or after expiration of the subscription.
- If the check is returned due to insufficient funds, there will be a minimum charge of HKD$250 for all returned checks.
- There will be a minimum charge of HKD$250 for all credit card chargebacks.
- Customers are responsible to pay the transaction fees for Telegraphic Transfer. Transaction fees will be accumulated the next time you make a payment; that is if billed to Base Camp.
- Once your order is activated, simply send us a request and we’ll move your website files and databases from your existing web hosting account to your new Base Camp hosting account. The free migration service is available for thirty (30) days from your service activation date.
- We do not make any guarantees regarding the availability, possibility, or time required to complete an account migration.
- In no event shall Base Camp be held liable for any lost files, data, folders, or programs.
- You are solely responsible for backing up and archiving your files and data in all circumstances.
1.4 Resource Usage
Users may not:
- Use 50% or more of system resources (this includes CPU and memory) for longer than 60 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc. If this clause is breached it will trigger an auto kill failsafe mechanism on the server which will auto suspend the violating account.
- Hold more than 250,000 inodes for each hosting service account.
- Run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client.
- Participate in any peer-to-peer file sharing. (Audio and video streaming is strictly prohibited on our network.)
- Run any gaming servers.
- Run cron jobs with intervals of less than 20 minutes.
1.5 Server Abuse
- Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to Base Camp server(s) or customer(s) of Base Camp is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Logging into an account or server you are not authorized to access.
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use.
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network.
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer’s functionality or the operation of the System.
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information.
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing”, or “crashing” any computer system.
- Our servers may not be used as a backup/storage system. Base Camp allows up to 5GB of an account’s website backup data to be stored within the same account.
- We perform automated backup on a daily basis. In any case of catastrophic event, disaster recovery will be performed to recover any loss data.
- Each client is expected and encouraged to maintain backup copies of their own data. Base Camp does not provide or keep records and copies of our client’s website files, emails. Base Camp is not responsible for any loss of data including but not limited to hardware failure, backup failure, hacking or accidental deletion.
- Base Camp does not allow reselling on shared hosting plans.
- If the account is not renewed in 30 day period after the renewal date set on the account, the account will be terminated and all files and database will be removed.
1.9 Late Payments
- Any account not paid in full by the end of the first day of the Billing Term will be given a seven (7) day grace period. If payment is not made within the seven (7) day grace period, we reserve the right to suspend your service(s) with Base Camp and be able to charge a HKD$200 late fee. Fourteen (14) days following suspension of Services for non-payment, Base Camp reserves the right to terminate Service(s) for non-payment.
- Base Camp is not responsible for any damages or losses as a result of suspension or termination for non-payment of your account. In addition, Base Camp reserves the right to refuse to re-activate your Services until any and all outstanding invoice(s) have been paid in full.
1.10 Cancellation of Services
- Either party may terminate this Agreement by providing notice to the other as provided herein
- Cancellations must be requested via the form indicated above 20 working days s or more prior to the Service’s renewal date. Cancellations are not final until confirmed by a representative of Base Camp in writing by email. If a cancellation notice is not received within the required time frame, you will be billed for the next Billing Term and are responsible for payment as set forth above.
- When an account is terminated, all files and data will be destroyed from our servers immediately. This includes any and all backups. Please be sure to back up all your files and data before cancelling your accounts.
- If you made a payment to Base Camp via PayPal, it is your responsibility to cancel any subscription for recurring PayPal payments. Base Camp (which has no control over PayPal subscription payments) is not responsible for payments made from your PayPal account after cancellation and is under no obligation to refund such payments made after cancellation.
- Base Camp may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing notice to Customers via email. Should Base Camp terminate this Agreement for any reason other than a material breach, or violation of Base Camp’s Acceptable Use Policy, any prepaid fees shall be refunded.
1.11Refusal of Service
- Base Camp reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time. Any material that, in Base Camp’s judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates Base Camp’s term of service in any manner may be removed from Base Camp’s servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
- Similarly, Base Camp reserves the right to cancel, suspend, or otherwise restrict access to the Service(s) it provides at any time, for any or no reason, and with or without notice. Base Camp is not responsible for any damages or loss of data resulting from such suspension or termination.
- If any manner of communication with Base Camp’s staff could be construed as belligerent, vulgar (curse words), attacking, highly rude, threatening, or abusive, your account may be suspended or terminated without refund. This includes, but is not limited to, threats to sue, slander, libel, publicly post, or initiate a chargeback.
- To help protect Base Camp and its customers from fraud, Base Camp may ask you to provide a copy of a government issued identification and/or a valid business registration certificate. If you fail to meet these requirements, the order may be considered fraudulent in nature and denied.
1.12 30 Day Money Back Guarantee & Refunds
- We offer a 30-day money back guarantee for new customer who subscribed to web hosting. There are no refunds on dedicated server packages, setup fees, domain registrations, domain renewals, domain transfers, SSL certificates, add-on services, dedicated IP address , managed service fees or software licenses. Should you Violate the Terms of Service Agreement outline within shall result in no refund.
- Our 30-day money back guarantee only applies to Web Hosting and SSD Hosting purchases.
- No refunds on dedicated and managed server products/services purchases.
- The refund only applies to fees paid for hosting services and does not include administrative fees, transaction fees, bank charges, etc.
- Refunds does not apply to any add-on services, domains, software, licenses, IP addresses, SSL certificates.
- There are no refunds for any additional or optional services and add-ons features added to the Control Panel.
- We do not issue refunds for domain name registration or renewal fees. You won’t lose your domain name. You can transfer it or point it elsewhere at your convenience.
- We are unable to delete and / or transfer the domain name once it’s registered or transferred; there will be a fee of HKD$120 for all domain names that we’ve registered or transferred (this applies to the 1 free domain name offer). If you decide to cancel within 30 days of your purchase, you will be charged HKD$120 for the domain name. The free domain offer is only available during the first 30 days of service.
- The 30-day money back guarantee starts from the day the order was purchased. No refunds will be given after 30 days.
- Under the money-back guarantee, only first-time accounts are eligible for a refund. If you had an account with us before, canceled and signed up again, you will not be eligible for a refund. This is to protect our money-back guarantee from being abused. Base Camp reserves the right to determine the definition of first-time account.
- Any customer who has breached or whose account has been suspended or terminated due to the breach of the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy has automatically forfeited the right to use the 30-day money back guarantee.
1.13 SLA Conditions
- If your server is not available for the guaranteed amount of the time within a given month, we will credit back the amount of downtime hour of your monthly fee. The SLA refund (if any) payable in any month will be calculated as follows:
Share Web Hosting
98.0% Uptime Guarantee
SSD Share Hosting
99.9% Uptime Guarantee
99.9% Network Uptime Guarantee
e.g (Monthly fee / Number of hours in a calendar month) x Number of hours of Outages
1.14 Microsoft Software License Policy
- Microsoft, as well as Base Camp policy, does not allow mixing of Microsoft license ownership. For an example, a customer cannot use a Base Camp purchased Windows Server license in conjunction with their own customer license of MSSQL or any other Microsoft Product. This is a violation of Microsoft’s licensing policies. Customers must obtain all Microsoft licenses through Base Camp. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please address your concerns to email@example.com
1.15 Domain Name Registrations, Transfers and Renewals
- We make every effort to ensure that the domain names are registered, transferred, and / or renewed on time. If domain registration, renewal or transfer is not processed when due, it is your responsibility to contact Base Camp within fifteen (15) days of the incident for Base Camp to investigate. Redemption fees may be charged to customer for domains that remain expired for more than thirty (30) days, when no contact is made to Base Camp in the required timeframe. Base Camp’s liability is limited to the amount paid for the domain name.